Hello beautiful people!!🌼
Oh yeah, btw I’m still alive.
I hope everyone’s doing good! I’m getting settled with school and have been doing okay.💖
So guess what I’ve been up to these few days?! I updated my blog page and changed the main layout. I guess it’s looking good…? (I spent hours doing that! okay? please tell me its looking good. 🙊🥺) Thanks to Ashmita@ The Fictional Journal for inspiring me with her new beautiful blog theme!
Reading update: I haven’t gotten around to reading as much as I wanted to for the past few weeks. I read ‘The Poppy War’ by R. F. Kuang and have been depressed ever since. Of course, it’s my best read this year, after the Six of Crows duology. Thanks a ton to Cherelle @A Bolt out of the Book for this brilliant recommendation. 🤗❤ I’m planning on getting some classics read this month like Pride and Prejudice, The picture of Dorian Gray, Persuasion and rereading Little Woman.
How’s September been treating ya’ll so far? I’ve been looking forward to this month solely on two reasons :
1. Someone said that the official casting for Nikolai and Wylan from Shadow and Bone would get out this month – I’m counting on it so I can finally die in peace. and…
2. ‘The Hawthorne Legacy’ – sequel to ‘The Inheritance Games’ by Jennifer Lynn Barnes is out!! I’m dying to get my hands on it!
Now, let me proceed to complete some tags I was nominated to a loooong time ago and am probably too late to complete. But hey! better too late then never right?😉
The dazzling blogger award
Thanks a lot Pavithra @Small Talks for nominating me in both, ‘The Dazzling Blogger Award’ and ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’!! Pavithra here, has a beautiful blog, Go check her out and give her some love❤❤
- Thank the person who nominated you for The Dazzling Blogger Award.
- Link back to the original blog post.
- Answer the seven questions that they asked on their blog post.
- Make up seven new questions.
- Nominate seven more people for The Dazzling Blogger Award, who you think exemplifies excellent blogging skills.
My answers to her questions:
1. Who is your role model?
I’ll say it’s Michelle Obama. I have always admired her and recently got around to reading her autobiography ‘Becoming’. Honestly… I was SO moved by her personality, mindset and actions. I think she’s a great role model for all girls out there! She’s da queen! Oh, and also, I really really admire Taylor Swift ( I mean, who doesn’t?🥺)
2. Do you hate anything that’s popular or think it’s over rated?
Ah, actually yes… Butterflies.
Okay so here’s the thing, I’m scared of butterflies and hence, am not a big fan of them.😶 See, I don’t really know why, its always been like that… and one of my friends had this theory that maybe I was killed by some of them in my past life (weird right? but anyways, who knows?)
3. What do you want to achieve in life?
If you put it like that, there’s a lot of them actually. I’m an aspiring writer who also want to advocate for mental health and become a public speaker and also an activist and a content writer or a musician. (see?🥺) But I think my main aim in life is just to be happy and contended with myself where ever I get. I mean, in the end, that’s all that matters ❤
4. Describe your personality in 3 words.
Loving, introverted, dreamer 💖
5. If you get a chance to meet a magician, what will you ask or do?
Oh I’d ask him to teach me some of his tricks! 🎩✨
6. Do you believe in fairy tales and happy endings?
Since I’m a Gemini, there’s one part of me that believes in fairy tales, happy endings and all things magical!! 🌻💛 and another part that believes in none. Idk how to explain this. 😅
7. Any quote that you live by?
“For there is always light, if only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it.”Amanda Gorman
- If you could travel to any fictional world, where would you go?
- What are some of your biggest pet peeves?
- If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What are some of your favourite names?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Name one fictional character you wish were real.
- Tell me something that makes you – ‘YOU’.
The sunshine blogger award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
1. How was your day? Are you doing fine?
Ah yes! School and stuffs have been keeping me busy these days but I’m slowly getting settled with it. ☺
2. Do you believe in fate or destination?
Yes, I do!
3. What comes to your mind when you hear the word love?
4. Which movie, series or drama you watched recently?
The last TV show that I finished watching was Shadow and Bone and now I’m dying for season 2! 😭
5. What will you do if you got one day to live as an famous celebrity, singer, actor or a rich heir/ heiress.
alright…uhh. I have NO idea 😅
6. Name some English words that you find beautiful.
Petrichor, Ineffable and Aurora✨
7. If you are given a chance to change your past, will you accept it considering things might not be the same as it is now?
Personally? No, actually. I mean, sure, there are some things that I would’ve liked different but I’m happy however things have turned out to be. Let’s not mess with time then. (wait, maybe I could go back and do something about COVID🤔)
8. What is your best form of creativity?
Writing and singing.
9. Last, do you like reading my blog?
Of course Pavithra! I love reading your posts and interacting with you❤
- What’s your favourite song at the moment?
- What one super power would you love to have?
- Name something you cannot live without.
- Summers or winters?
- What’s the best gift someone could give you?
- How many languages can you speak?
- What’s your favourite hobby?
- What’s your favourite fairy tale?
- What’s something that motivates you?
- What’s a change you’d like to see in the world some day?
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
I Nominate: –Saniya @sunny side reviews – Aanya @The Sassy Slytherclaw – Dezzy @The Thoughtful Voice – Vanya @The Forest Diaries – Dishita @Real & Raw – Arwa @The Corner Shop – Anisha @Artistic Anisha’s World – Sarah @The Book’s Whiskers
And really, anybody who wants to!
The Aesthetic Blogger award
A big thanks to Lili @Lili’s Not So Secret Diary for nominating me! If you haven’t already, check out the AMAZING blog she has, people!!❤🤗
- Use the official logo/graphic of the award and display it on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Show some love to the one who nominated you!
- Mention the creator (Ashmita@ the Fictional Journal) and link it back to the original post.
- Tell me a something about this world that you admire.
- What is your favourite form of creativity?
- Nominate 7 lovely people and notify them by commenting on their posts; spread some love!
- Ask your nominees 4 questions.
- Share something you created. (can be anything!)
- And lastly, just so you know: I LOVE YOUR CREATIONS!
-Something that I admire in this world are- Stories✨ The world is filled with so many people each with a different story. Some happy, some sad but all beautiful! And then books. In books and in these stories is where I go when my world doesn’t feel enough to me.
-My favourite form of creativity is writing and music. I found a kind of solace among the words and the melodies, that I found no where else.
1. What is 3 things you always have on you? (For ex. Phone, Chapstick, and headphones)
I guess… headphones, kindle and maybe something to eat along…??😅
2. If you could only wear one colour for the rest of your life, what colour would that be?
Black! (I might be some kind of a…eh… goth?)
3. If you could create an album of your favourite musical artists, what’s one duet/collaboration you’d love to hear and what vibe would it be?
OH! oh! I’d LOVE to hear a Taylor-Selena collab!!
4. What is one underrated song you think others should give a chance?
I think ‘Love me wrong’ by Isak Danielson!! ITS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SONG OH MY GOD.
- Do you have a favourite memory? what is it?
- What’s your favourite kind of music?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- What was your last favourite book?
And…that’s all for today. See you on my next post!
Until then, B-bye!